[Bioperl-l] Getting nucleotide seq from protein accession

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Thu Jun 23 15:52:58 EDT 2005

Kat,
If you are familiar with Bioperl it is kind of easy-
look at Bio::DB::GenPept (I suppose you use GenPept/GenBank?) on how to
get the protein record
Go through the dblinks and find the appropriate accession number (where
the database method returns  GenBank).
Then retrieve this accession number(s) through Bio::DB::GenBank. If you
are not familiar with Bioperl- read the docs for Bio::DB::GenPept,
Bio::DB::GenBank, Bio::Annotation and Bio::Annotation::DBLink).
Hope this helps,
Stefan