[Bioperl-l] cannot find path to blastall

hafiz yusof khufaz83 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 02:44:18 EDT 2005

I'm trying to set up a standalone blast and I'm
getting an error message;

MSG: cannot find path to blastall

and i have running this code under Linux and i also
haven't find blastall file in /usr/local/bin/, what
should i do?

code:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use Bio::SeqIO;
use Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast;

my $Seq_in = Bio::SeqIO->new (-file
=>"/home/hafiz/bioperl/fasta", -format => 'fasta');
my $query = $Seq_in->next_seq();

my $factory =
Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast->new('program'  =>
'blastp',

'database' => 'ecoli.nt',

_READMETHOD => "Blast"
                                                  );
my $blast_report = $factory->blastall($query);
my $result = $blast_report->next_result;

while( my $hit = $result->next_hit()) {
    print "\thit name: ", $hit->name(), "
significance: ",

$hit->significance(), "\n";}