[Bioperl-l] locus_tag of features in Bio::SeqFeature->gff_string

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Wed Jun 15 11:42:26 EDT 2005

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/formats/GFF/
GFF_Spec.shtml#attribute_field

I see the a Sequence attribute field with strings containing "."
being escaped.  I assume that is why you see this in the current
gff_string implementation.

I don't know if this persists in GFF3 as things are slightly
different in terms of what needs to be escaped/protected in quotes.

I think things have really grown organically wrt GFF input/output - I
don't know if the Bio::FeatureIO system provides a more uniform
solution for the future?

-jason