[Bioperl-l] genbank2gff and how do I use gff3 with Bio::DB::GFF?

Scott Cain cain at cshl.edu
Tue Jun 14 16:53:29 EDT 2005

Hi Chad,

Sorry I haven't reproduced your results; I've been dragged down by other
matters.  If I can recap to make sure I have it right:

 bp_genbank2gff.pl will correctly generate gff2
 bp_genbank2gff3.pl will correctly generate gff3

If I have that right, I would be reluctant to pitch bp_genbank2gff.pl as
there are still plenty of people (that is, the overwhelming majority)
that use gff2.  I nearly certain (without even looking) that they could
be documented better.

What would be really great would be if you could submit this as a bug on
bioperl's bugzilla, so I won't forget about it.  I have a few software
releases I really want to get out in the next week or so, so I know I
won't get to it real soon.

Thanks,
Scott