[Bioperl-l] getting pubmed id from genbank files

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Tue Jul 26 13:05:14 EDT 2005

On Jul 26, 2005, at 7:49 AM, Nathan Haigh wrote:

> -- snip --
> $VAR1 = bless( {
>        'authors' => 'Clauss,M.J. and Mitchell-Olds,T.',
>        'location' => 'Genetics 166 (3), 1419-1436 (2004) PUBMED
> 15082560',
>        'title' => 'Functional divergence in tandemly duplicated
> Arabidopsis
> thaliana trypsin inhibitor genes',
>        'tagname' => 'reference'
>      }, 'Bio::Annotation::Reference' );
> -- snip --

This is odd. The PUBMED line should not be concatenated with the
JOURNAL line. I wonder where this happens and why. Can you download the
record from NCBI (using the web interface, format 'GenBank', 'Send all
to file') and then parse it with Bio::SeqIO? If it works then the
problem must be in the code that deals with the HTTP-response.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org