[Bioperl-l] A question about replacing a substring using Bioperl

Alex Zhang mayagao1999 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 13:36:48 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I have a txt file which stores 20 short DNA sequences
and the length of each is 8, let's
call it A. Meanwhile, I have another txt file which
owns 100 long DNA sequences and the length of each is
200, let's call it B.

Then, I want to replace a substring of each sequence
in B with each one in A.
The replacement starting site could be specified as
you want(such as
starting at position 1 for the first sequence in B,
10th for the 2nd sequence in
B, 20th for the 3rd, until 190th for the 20th in B )
or picked
by the program randomly. I am pretty sure
substr(string,index,length,replacement string) can
finish a part
of this work.

But I have limited experience of using Perl to
manipulate two files. Can anybody
give me some suggestions?

Thank you very much and look forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
      Maya