[Bioperl-l] Bio::Graphics and primer3 pipeline

Nathan Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 08:43:16 EDT 2005

I'm creating a pipeline for passing around 200 sequences to primer3 in order
to generate primers. I want to be able to use Bio::Graphics to create a png
file for each sequence with the position of the primers shown and some of
the details about each primer (e.g. Tm, %GC).

Here's what I have so far in pseudocode:

Foreach Bio::Seq object

    Add position of introns as Bio::SeqFeature::Generic features

    Run Primer3 with Bio::Seq object

    Loop through primers, returning a Bio::Seq::PrimedSeq object

        Add primer as features using: Bio::Seq
object->add_SeqFeature(Bio::Seq::PrimedSeq);

Now create png using Bio::Graphics

This works ok, but I'm lost trying to get the Tm and GC content of the
primers as returned by Primer3

Does anyone have a script that can do something similar that I might try to
work out whats going on?

Thanks

Nathan

----------------------------------

Nathan Haigh

Bioinformatics PostDoctoral Research Associate

Room B2 211

Department of Animal and Plant Sciences

University of Sheffield

Western Bank