[Bioperl-l] Announce: Bio::Tree::Draw::Cladogram

Gabriel Valiente valiente at jaist.ac.jp
Mon Jul 11 22:37:12 EDT 2005

Bio::Tree::Draw::Cladogram is a new module for drawing Bio::Tree::Tree
objects in Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) format. It can be utilized both
for displaying a single phylogenetic tree (a cladogram) and for the
comparative display of two phylogenetic trees (a tanglegram) such as a
gene tree and a species tree, a host tree and a parasite tree, two
alternative trees for the same set of taxa, or two alternative trees for
overlapping sets of taxa.

The POD contains a detailed description of the way in which cladograms
and tanglegrams are built. However, tests are still missing and I'm
afraid I won't be able to work on this until August. Many extensions are
possible, such as using branch lengths and producing output in other
graphic formats. Any suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy,

Gabriel