[Fwd: Re: [Bioperl-l] bioperl-run for windows?]

Barry Moore barry.moore at genetics.utah.edu
Mon Jan 24 17:18:39 EST 2005

Some will work, and some won't. I've installed it on Windows, and used it
a bit there. One problem you'll run into is that you can't use bioperl
to run a program that can't be installed on Windows (EMBOSS for example)
so you'll
be limited that way, but check out the Pise interface for any of that
software. You should be able to get access to alot of non-windows
software via bioperl by using the Pise interface (

Bio::Tools::Run::AnalysisFactory::Pise

http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/sis/Pise/

Barry

Tim Alcon wrote:

 > If I just grab it off CPAN, will it work on Windows, or does it use
 > Unix system calls?
 >
 > Tim
 >

 > Jason Stajich wrote:
 >
 >> Is there a PPM on the bioperl site?
 >> No
 >>
 >> Can you install bioperl-run on windows?
 >> Yes - but you'll have to do it manually, or learn how to build PPMs
 >> (quite simple really), or encourage someone to produce a PPM for
 >> bioperl-run.
 >>
 >> -jason
 >> On Jan 22, 2005, at 7:57 PM, Tim Alcon wrote:
 >>
 >>> Does a Windows version of bioperl-run exitst? If so, how do I get it?
 >>>
 >>> Tim

 >> --
 >> Jason Stajich
 >> jason.stajich at duke.edu