[Bioperl-l] bioperl-1.5.0 RC2

Razi Khaja razi at genet.sickkids.on.ca
Fri Jan 14 03:52:06 EST 2005

 --- Jason Stajich <jason.stajich at duke.edu> wrote:
> Thanks Razi.
>
> Tests were succeeding for me with Graph 0.20105-1 - when I upgraded to
> Graph 0.52 it also worked. I am running perl 5.8.3 though so don't know
> what is the problem with compatibility.  Do you have the same problems
> with Graph 0.52?

Yes, I upgraded to Graph 0.52, ... same errors (installed by perl -MCPAN
-eshell).
I downgraded to Graph 0.20105 and no problems (installed by making port
/usr/ports/math/p5-Graph on FreeBSD5.3)

This may only be a BSD/OSX problem ... might have to wait for Graph.pm 0.52
to get ported to BSD to run with the newest version of Graph.pm

Summary of 'make test' with BIOPERLDEBUG=1 (on FreeBSD5.3, perl5.8.5,
Graph.pm ver 0.20105):
t/Variation_IO...............ok
t/WABA.......................ok
t/XEMBL_DB...................ok
All tests successful, 2 subtests skipped.
Files=193, Tests=8956, 600 wallclock secs (310.09 cusr + 30.23 csys =
340.32 CPU)

> Going to need someone who can reproduce the bug to debug and fix.
>
> Since this is a developer release I am not going to hold out on this
> part too much.  We'll try and get it closed out, otherwise release
> which ship with some tests turned off.
>
> I would like to do the release on this coming Monday if possible.

Great!

> -jason

=====
/**
 * Razi Khaja, Bioinformatics Analyst
 * The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
 * The Centre for Applied Genomics, www.tcag.ca
 * Tel 416-813-7032, Fax 416-813-8319
 */