[Bioperl-l] Missing base argument at C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm ?

szhan at uoguelph.ca szhan at uoguelph.ca
Mon Sep 20 21:26:57 EDT 2004

Hello,
Why I can not install bioperl-1.4 successfully using PPM on windows XP? I am
using activeState for perl 5.8.0. At first I can issue ppm> search bioperl and
receive 28 different bioperl versions and then issue ppm> install  25 but after
installing some packages and I got a message said some module can not be found
in PPM and ppm stoped. I wonder if I install it successfully. I tried it again:
ppm> repository add bioperl http://bioperl.org/DIST
Repositories:
[ 1] ActiveState PPM2 Repository
[ 2] ActiveState Package Repository
[ 3] bioperl
[ 4] bioperl
[ 5] bioperl
[ 6] bioperl
[ 7] bioperl
[ 8] bioperl
[ 9] Kobes
[10] bioperl
[11] bioperl
[12] bioperl
ppm> search bioperl
Searching in Active Repositories
Missing base argument at C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 174

Why this time I can not search bioperl? I checked the directory:
C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository in PC and found there are 4 modules which are:
Local.pm, PPMServer.pm, PPM3Server.pm and WWW.pm. So what "Missing base argument
at C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 174" means?
Josh