[Bioperl-l] making msf file from the array of sequence string

Nathan Haigh nathanhaigh at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 02:07:07 EDT 2004

After creating your Bio::LocatableSeq object you need to add it to a Bio::SimpleAlign object not Bio::Align::AlignI.
Something along the lines of this should work:

my $aln = new Bio::SimpleAlign();

	# you will probably want to loop over this section for each of your seqs
	my $seq = new Bio::LocatableSeq(-seq => "CAGT-GGT",
				    -id  => "seq1",
				    -start => 1,
				    -end   => 7);
	$aln->add_seq($seq);

my $out_msf = Bio::AlignIO->new(-file   => ">out.aln.msf", -format => 'msf');
$out_msf->write_aln($aln);

Nathan