[Bioperl-l] making msf file from the array of sequence string

Kwangbom Choi kchoi2 at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 28 22:09:33 EDT 2004

Given that the aligned sequences are available in the form of string
array, how can I make it an msf file? My current idea is ...

(1) make each aligned sequence string to be an object of Bio::LocatableSeq
(2) add_seq each LocatableSeq object to the Bio::Align::AlignI object
(3) initiate msf format output filehandler using Bio::AlignIO
(4) use write_aln in Bio::AlignIO::msf

But my problem in this scheme is that I do not know how to initiate
an empty Bio::Align::AlignI object to which my aligned sequences are
added (step 2 above). Thank you in advance.

--
Sincerely,
Kwangbom Choi