[Bioperl-l] data structure returned from tribeMCL

Michael Bradley mebradley at chem.ufl.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:22:04 EDT 2004

After running the Bio::Tools::Run::TribeMCL module I am unable to
dereference the data structure returned. The following example given in
the module's documentation does not seem to work for me.

my $fact = Bio::Tools::Run::TribeMCL->new(@params);

  # Run the program
  # returns an array reference to clusters where members are the ids
  # for example :2 clusters with 3 members per cluster:
  #  $fam = [ [mem1 mem2 mem3],[mem1 mem2 mem3]]

  # pass in either the blastfile path/searchio obj/the array ref to
scores
  my $fam = $fact->run($sio);

  # print out your clusters

for (my $i = 0; $i <scalar(@{$fam}); $i++){