[Bioperl-l] AnnotationCollectionI and SeqFeatureI changes

Allen Day allenday at ucla.edu
Mon Nov 29 17:30:40 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Aaron J. Mackey wrote:

> Yep, OK, I hear you.  I really thought all this was going to be
> contained to Bio::SeqFeature::Annotated, but I see now that with all
> sorts of implementation happening in the interfaces (ugh!), this can't
> happen.  Woe is me.
>
> Here's what I'm willing to do to keep Allen from pulling his hair out:
> there have been very few changes on the development trunk since RC1
> that aren't Annotated.pm-related; therefore, (if this makes sense to
> everyone) I will branch 1.5.0 off of RC1 and merge only those patches
> that are Annotated.pm-*unrelated* to the 1.5.0 branch.  I will then tag
> the branch at RC2 (and similarly tag the HEAD, so that any later
> merging can be done relative to those tags).  Make sense?

yeah.  i think the easiest way to restore old functionality is going to be
to roll back SeqFeature::Generic to before i removed the current
SeqFeatureI overriding methods (get_tag_values(), add_tag_value(), etc),
or to re-add these methods.  this also necessitates rolling back
SeqFeature::AnnotationAdaptor and its unit test, as it assumes the *_tag_*
hash and the attached AC don't overlap.

that's pretty much it.  the interface classes can stay the same -- it
won't affect the "heavy" lifter (SeqFeature::Generic), and it will allow
SeqFeature::Annotated to continue to depend on the revised interface.

-allen