[Bioperl-l] getting teh NO HITS FOUND with SearchIO

Edith Schlagenhauf ediths at unizh.ch
Mon Nov 29 09:33:24 EST 2004

Hi,

to deal with "No Hits Found" you might just add sort of a
check if the object returned by $result->next_hit() is
defined/not defined, ie.

my $best_hit = $result->next_hit();

if (!defined $best_hit) {
         print "No hits found \n";
}

HTH,
Edith

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Javier Terol wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have been using the SearchIO scripts very happily, but I have noticed that the parsing does not qive
> any information about the sequences that do not produce any hit.
> How coul I get the NO HITS FOUND sequences? Could I modify the example script to do this?
>
> Thank you very muc in advance
>
>    O@@@@@
>   @@@O@@O@      Javier Terol Alcayde
>   @O@@@@O@      Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias (IVIA)
>   @@@O@@@@      Carretera Moncada - Náquera, Km. 4,5
>    @@@@O@       46113 Moncada (Valencia)
>      ||         Tel.     96 342 4000 ext. 70160
>      ||         Fax.    96 342 4001

Dr Edith Schlagenhauf
Bioinformatics
Institute of Plant Biology
University of Zurich
Zollikerstrasse 107
CH-8008 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

e-mail: ediths AT botinst DOT unizh DOT ch
Tel.:	+41 1 634 82 78
Fax :	+41 1 634 82 04