[Bioperl-l] Point me in the right direction--chromosomal positions

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Nov 22 21:08:43 EST 2004

Dan,

What organism?  What are you looking up--refseq, genbank, gene names,
locuslink?  I would suggest you use the table browser at UCSC
(http://genome.ucsc.edu) or EnsMART (http://www.ensembl.org) unless there is
some reason those won't work.  Bioperl doesn't have a mechanism to retrieve
locations directly, at least that I know of (aside from DAS).  You can build
databases to do help with that, but that is a bit of work for a problem with
an existing solution.  You could also look into the EnsEMBL API.

Let me know if I can help with using those web interfaces.

Sean