[Bioperl-l] TIGR parser for SeqIO

Josh Lauricha laurichj at bioinfo.ucr.edu
Fri Nov 12 16:27:03 EST 2004

On Fri 11/12/04 16:05, Ed Robinson wrote:
> I am trying to get the tigr parser to work on our files.  My
> script is otherwise ok, because when I call a genbank file
> with the genbank parser, I am able to load data.  I have
> downloaded the most recent tigr.pm from the CVS.  When I run
> it, I get this:
>
> ------------- EXCEPTION: Bio::Root::Exception -------------
> MSG: [46]Required <EXON> missing

Could you privately e-mail me lines around 46 from your input file (10
before, 10 after should be enough) or give me a URL to your file.

> When I use the tigr.pm that comes with the bioperl release we
> have installed, I get the following:
<snip>
> Died at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1//Bio/SeqIO/tigrxml.pm
> line 150.
>  at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux//XML/LibXML/SAX.pm
> line 63

The "tigrxml" module is not for FULL TIGR files. It is for the tigr
coordset files. The tigr.pm module is for the full TIGR files.

| Josh Lauricha            | Ford, you're turning    |
| laurichj at bioinfo.ucr.edu | into a penguin. Stop    |
| Bioinformatics, UCR      | it                      |
| OpenPG:                                            |
|  4E7D 0FC0 DB6C E91D 4D7B C7F3 9BE9 8740 E4DC 6184 |