[Bioperl-l] BioPerl on Linux....

Peter G Carswell pete at osc.edu
Mon Nov 1 16:49:30 EST 2004

Hello,

I am running Fedora core 1 on my laptop. Today I attempted to install
bioperl-1.4, using the CPAN shell. Everything seemed to go well, just a
couple of failed tests. So I did a 'force install' on
B/BI/BIRNEY/bioperl-1.4.tar.gz. It finished and I quit the shell. I
created a simple test:

#!/bin/bin/perl

use Bio::Perl

and ran the script "perl test.pl". It created the output:

Can't locate Bio/Perl.pm in @INC ....

I looked in the path "/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3", the installation
directory, and could find no Perl.pm in the Bio directory. In ./Bio/
were the directories 'Factory' and 'Tools'. Under ./Bundle/ there was a
BioPerl.pm, but as I have not used BioPer extensively, I was unsure as
where these files should fall. I was looking at some of the tutorial
scripts and followed there lead as to using the perl command "use
Bio::Perl".

What I would like to do is reinstall, but is there a CPAN shell command
to unistall the previous version? Any pointers?

Thanks for your help.

pete

--
Peter G. Carswell
The Ohio Supercomputer Center
pete at osc.edu
work: 614.292.1091
fax:  614.292.XXXX
"DOC NOTE, I DISSENT. A FAST NEVER PREVENTS A FATNESS. I DIET ON COD."
-Peter Hilton