[Bioperl-l] file format change

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Mon May 17 08:43:49 EDT 2004

Sujoy,

The PDB format is not currently supported by the SeqIO module, so there's no
way to convert fasta to PDB. This is not entirely surprising since PDB was
created to supply 3-D structures but the fasta format, being so simple,
cannot supply information like this. If you take a look at the bptutorial
(http://bioperl.org/Core/Latest/bptutorial.html#iii.2.1_transforming_sequenc
e_files_(seqio)) or inside the Bio/SeqIO directory you will see which file
formats are supported.

Brian O.