[Bioperl-l] remove gapped colums

James Wasmuth james.wasmuth at ed.ac.uk
Tue May 11 14:28:46 EDT 2004

 Hi Luisa,

try

$aln_nogaps = $aln->remove_columns(['gaps'])

-james

--
"There are some days when I think I'm going to die from
an overdose of satisfaction."

Nematode Bioinformatics                  |
Blaxter Nematode Genomics Group  |
School of Biological Sciences            |
Ashworth Laboratories                       | tel: +44 131 650 7403
University of Edinburgh                     | web: www.nematodes.org
Edinburgh                                            |
EH9 3JT                                               |
UK                                                       |

luisa pugliese wrote:

 >Hi,
 >   I am new at bioperl and I am working on alignments. I am splitting
a multiple alignment into several pairwise alignments and I would like
to remove the columns in which there are gaps in all the sequences. Does
anybody knows if a method exists doing this or a method finding the
columns in which there are gaps in all the sequences similar gap_line
that find the gaps present in any columns?