[Bioperl-l] {off topic} Apple is giving away 5 workgroup sized clusters in a program for bioinformatics researchers

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Mon May 10 20:25:26 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

Apologies for the semi off topic posting but I think it may be
appropriate because I know lots of people doing really clever
informatics stuff tend to be on the open-bio.org mailing lists.

I want to make sure many of the small group, individuals and DIY types
hear about this as they can probably benefit the most from a influx of
hardware.

In short, Apple just announced a program to give away 5 fully
provisioned mini-clusters (4 Xserve G5 nodes) in a judged process
specifically aimed at bioinformatics types. Awards are announced on 29
June 2004.

The URL is here:
http://www.apple.com/science/clusteraward/

Regards,