[Bioperl-l] New minor version ?

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Fri May 7 12:31:09 EDT 2004

I haven't touched the 1.4 branch at all, so I should review what I've
done recently and port over all the biographics bug fixes.  If
there's going to be a 1.6 release in September, why bother with a
1.4.1 release in August?  I'd only get excited about this if the
1.4.1 release was going to be in June.

Lincoln

On Friday 07 May 2004 09:53 am, Aaron J. Mackey wrote:
> Hmm, I guess it's time to start thinking about that.  I thought
> that one idea was to have a 1.4.1 maintenance release before BOSC,
> and a 1.6.0 by September (i.e. quickly following on the heels of
> 1.4.1)
>
> I'll start looking over the bug tracker and CVS logs for the 1.4
> maintenance branch soon ... but August is still just *so* far away
> ;)
>
> -Aaron
>
> On May 7, 2004, at 4:15 AM, Jason Stajich wrote:
> > On Thu, 6 May 2004 Luc.Gauthier at aventis.com wrote:
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> My question is for people in charge of the Bioperl project, at
> >> least of
> >> the releases.
> >>
> >> I just wanted to know if there was a plan to release a new minor
> >> version
> >> (something like 1.4.1) in the near future, that would contain
> >> all bug fixes since the 1.4.0 release.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know ? Thank you very much.
> >
> > This summer - Aaron Mackey graciously agreeded to be the
> > coordinator for
> > the 1.4.1 release.  We don't have a target release date yet.  We
> > probably need to take stock of outstanding bugs and decide what
> > will get
> > fixed for 1.4.1 and what main trunk commits still need to migrate
> > to 1.4
> > branch.
> >

> > -jason
> >
> >> Best regards,
> >> Luc Gauthier
> >
> > --
> > Jason Stajich
> > Duke University
> > jason at cgt.mc.duke.edu

> Aaron J. Mackey, Ph.D.
> Dept. of Biology, Goddard 212
> University of Pennsylvania       email:  amackey at pcbi.upenn.edu
> 415 S. University Avenue         office: 215-898-1205
> Philadelphia, PA  19104-6017     fax:    215-746-6697

Lincoln D. Stein
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
1 Bungtown Road
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724