[Bioperl-l] Multiple alignments and Biographics

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Tue May 4 12:59:13 EDT 2004

I do it by making the 'alignment' the reference.

This means grabbing the position of the start and end of each sequence in
the alignment - you bascially want to call for each sequence in the
alignment:

$start = $seq->column_from_residue_number(1);
$end   = $seq->column_from_residue_number($seq->length);
and make new features out of these start/end positions.

You'll need to remap the oligo alignment position in the same way you
depending on how you have the coordinates stored (relative to the aligned
transcript sequences or just against a single trainscript).
Bio::Coordinate has some utils to help with this although the arithmetic
shouldn't be too hairy.

-jason