[Bioperl-l] load_seqdatabase.pl

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Fri Mar 12 21:01:01 EST 2004

I have seen this before I believe from someone on a Windows machine.
The problem could be some trouble with the dynamic loading of modules.

The -d option to perl invokes the debugger. Do you see the same problem
without invoking the debugger?

Did the bioperl-db tests pass?

Root::debug() is invoked all over the place many many times. By
default, you won't see any of that since $obj->verbose() governs
whether the messages are printed or suppressed. You can try to pass
--debug to load_seqdatabase.pl and see when it crashes then. (All
messages that you see in addition after enabling --debug will have been
routed through Root::debug.)

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org