[Bioperl-l] Bioperl Vista module and CGI

Jonathan Manning bmb9jrm at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 00:35:40 EDT 2004

Hi to all,

Sorry if the Bioperl relevance of this is fairly limited, but I thought
someone here might have come across the same problem.

I'm using the bioperl module wrapper for Vista, and was trying to plug
it into a CGI script. The trouble is my Apache server can't 'see' the
java class library of Vista- presumably because it doesn't have access
to the user CLASSPATH, and I get an error like:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Vista.

I've tried:

system("export
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_04/lib/Vista.jar");

from within the script without success. The script works fine when run
from the command line.

Thanks- appreciate any pointers,

Jon