[Bioperl-l] StandAloneBlast.pm and RemoteBlast.pm

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Thu Jul 22 16:28:58 EDT 2004

They work fine with all NCBI blastall T?BLAST[XPN].

Are you sure your databases were formatted with
% formatdb -i est -p F

Are you sure your index files for the database are in that directory.
Does a commandline blast of tblastn against this est db work without
invoking bioperl at all.  There is nothing magic in standaloneblast - it
is just setting commandline arguments to blastall for you.

Add the parameter -verbose => 1 and you will see the command-line that is
being executed by perl.  Check that it is consistent with what you expect
it be saying.

-jason