[Bioperl-l] installation trouble

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Wed Jan 28 19:31:53 EST 2004

I can replicate this problem with perl 5.6.0 and alpha/OSF1 and latest
ExtUtils::MakeMaker so I would think someone need to re-file the bug
report with Michael on rt.cpan.org for ExtUtils::MakeMaker...

make -i doesn't really work either.

This is a perl/system problem so we don't much control over it other than
to start splitting bioperl into components which will generate a lot of
headaches.

You can work around it by expanding some of the system limits for shell
length on the machine but this is less than ideal...

-jason