[Bioperl-l] Genbank file construction

Milo Thurston mith at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 06:45:57 EST 2004

Hello,
I'd like to ask a question concerning the construction of genbank files.
I have two sets of files, some containing sequence, and others containing
only annotations (CDS regions). Parsing either of these with any of
Bio::Seq, Bio::SeqIO, Bio::Species, Bio::PrimarySeq, Bio::SeqFeatureI
is easy enough, but I'd like to assemble a new file containing the
sum total of both files, i.e. add the annotations to the associated
sequence.
Can anyone suggest a suitable way of doing this, or point me in the
direction of a script that will do so (even partially, so I can
change it as necessary)?
Thanks,
Milo Thurston.

--
Milo Thurston, CEH Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3SR.
'phone 01865 281658,  fax 01865 281696.