[Bioperl-l] rendering features on global alignments

Tordoir Xavier xtordoir at ulg.ac.be
Wed Jan 7 08:15:57 EST 2004

Hi,

I am currently working on a system to interactively display features on
multispecies global alignments. The purpose is to use the alignment as
reference instead of choosing arbitrarily one of the original sequences as
reference.
So far I have been able to display a global alignment (ins, dels or dna at
high magnification) on the Generic Genome Browser, but I had to use a few
tricks to make it work (e.g. 'segments' Glyph is designed for local
alignments).
Before going further, I would like to know if someone is aware of a
customizable browser for global alignments (preferably based on Bioperl)
or if someone described a way to use the GGB for multiple global
alignments.

Thank you in advance,

Xavier Tordoir