[Bioperl-l] Controlling glyph position with Bio::Graphics::Panel

Donald Jackson donald.jackson at bms.com
Fri Jan 2 11:23:11 EST 2004

Hi Lincoln,

I have a question about controlling the vertical position of glyphs using Bio::Graphics::Panel.

I'm drawing out hits and hsps from a blast search (as lists of Bio::Search::HSP objects) using the segments glyph.  I've run into a problem when I have two non-overlapping hits.  I'd like to force these to appear at distinct y-coordinates in the image, but can't figure out how to do this.  I tried 'bump', but that only affects _overlapping_ hits.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you or others on the list might have.

Thanks,

Don Jackson
BMS Bioinformatics