[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::Prospect

Reece Hart reece at in-machina.com
Thu Feb 19 11:34:55 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 18:55, Neil Saunders wrote:

> > We're pleased to announce the first public release of Bio::Prospect::, a
> > Perl API for protein fold recognition with Prospect PRO.  A
> > Comments, bug reports, patches, and code contributions are encouraged.

I'm glad you think it might be useful. Apparently, you should have
received the Bioinformatics Applications Note instead of the obviously
non-perl'ing, non-threading referees who did get it. ;-) Oh well.

I believe that Prospect 2.0 and Pro are really the same product. We
started developing this a long time ago (with version 1, then overhauled
it for a 2.0 prerelease). I'd appreciate knowing if you use it. or don't
use it because it's too difficult to install, etc.

Good luck,
Reece
--
Reece Hart, Ph.D.                       rkh at gene.com, http://www.gene.com/
Genentech, Inc.                         650/225-6133 (voice), -5389 (fax)