[Bioperl-l] Blast results question

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:18:43 EST 2004

You might want to try using est2genome/sim4/spidey/exonerate on the
region where you have your multiple hits if you care about the splice
sites/predicting a gene structure.  use the start & end methods from a
Search::Hit object to get the min/max location of the hits in the hit
sequence $hit->start('hit'),$hit->end('hit'), extract this seq, and run
one of the EST->genome aligners.  Or are you just trying to locate this
approximate region of the genome in the first place?

-jason