[Bioperl-l] Bioperl and ACE files

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Mon Feb 16 07:46:41 EST 2004

As always, more code and information as to how you got here makes it
easier for someone to answer.

Not really sure how you are getting to the point where you have created
Bio::LocatableSeq objects - presumably you are trying to do an assembly
so I'll guess you got there from Bio::Assembly::IO.

You may need to get help from Robson about what the format is supposed to
support.  A start of 0 is not really proper in Bioperl -
sequences/features start at 1 in our system, so the assembly code needs to
adjust for that.  presumably those numbers are offsets not actual start
positions so the parsing code may need some looking at.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University