[Bioperl-l] Bio::UnivAln mourned

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 1 12:08:36 EST 2004

> But I just migrated from linux to OS X, and my latest install (bioperl
> 1.4)
> was virgin to my new machine.
>
> After my scripts carped I placed UnivAln.pm from an old bioperl dist (I
> used 0.7.0)
> into my bioperl-1.x build tree (install-dist/Bio) and added it's name
> to my MANIFEST
> before running (or re-running) perl Makefile.PL.
>
> Now it works without apparent conflicts in my set-up, YMMV.
>
> I understand that maybe the demise of the module is due to its lack of
> a maintainer keeping its
> guts up-to-date with bioperl root structure. I would perhaps be willing
> to help here.
> Would there be objections to its revival? Or are there plans to expand
> existing modules?

Hi,

I am the current maintainer of the fink package for bioperl. I have
already submitted the new version (1.4) to fink a few weeks ago.
Unfortunately, the powers that be have not yet put the package into the
fink cvs, so it is not yet available. The fink team is currently
restructuring the way perl modules get installed, and it seems that the
bioperl package is on hold until this is resolved. If you want I can
mail you the info file for bioperl offlist, so you can use it with
fink.

- Koen.