[Bioperl-l] bio::graphics::panel under mod_perl

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Dec 16 16:44:07 EST 2004

I know this is a very esoteric question, but here goes:

I have two scripts, one home-brewed (using bioperl-live from recent
CVS), and gbrowse (1.62), both running under mod_perl (apache 1.3).
Each has the same behavior--in some requests, seemingly at random,
several colors become black.  I haven't been able to sort this out, but
since it happens in gbrowse and my custom app using bio::graphics, I
wonder if there is an issue there.  It could just as likely be gd or
some other supporting package.  I guess I am wondering if anyone else
has noticed these issues or how I might sort it out.  Note that these
work fine as straight CGI.  Two files are attached (as I am behind a
firewall, so can't show the sites....).  The second has the correct
color scheme.

Sean