[Bioperl-l] Re: bad entries in interpro again

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Dec 1 16:49:48 EST 2004

On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 08:16  AM, Mikko Arvas wrote:

> Is the &apos the source of the problem?

Did you try to take it out and see what happens? I.e., you can answer
this yourself easily.

I would have thought that it's not the problem, but it'd be great if
you or somebody else helps out by testing what was suggested.

> Is it really a problem in BioPerl or in expat?

If the problem is outside of Interpro, it's Expat, not Bioperl. It's
the XML parser library that threw up.

>  Is somebody trying to solve the problem for Bioperl now
> and is there any sensible thing that the interpro team could do to
> help?

Depends on where the problem is. It appears that the Interpro team
already eliminated the double quotes in names. The is some hard-coded
stuff in interpro.pm that needs to be removed,  and I heard Allen say
he'll work on that.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org