[Bioperl-l] Changes to Bio::Tools::SiRNA

Donald Jackson donald.jackson at bms.com
Thu Apr 22 21:34:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've made (and committed) some pretty major changes to Bio::Tools::SiRNA
to allow it to accomodate alternative rules for designing siRNA
reagents.  The actual siRNA selection is now handled by
Bio::Tools::SiRNA::Ruleset objects.  I also committed two Rulets.
Bio::Tools::SiRNA::Ruleset::tuschl, which implements the Tuschl group's
rules that used to be in Bio::Tools::SiRNA, and
Bio::Tools::SiRNA::Ruleset::saigo, which implements the rules published
by Ui-Tei et al (2004) (I stuck with the convention of naming the rules
after the corresponding author).   The Tuschl rules are used by default.

I hope that these changes will make it easier to add more rule sets
while maintaining backwards compatibility.  As always, I welcome feeback
on bugs, coding style, or other issues.

Thanks,

Don Jackson
BMS Bioinformatics