[Bioperl-l] load_ontology and GO - progress!

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Apr 22 21:33:38 EDT 2004

Did you read the load_ontology.pl POD, in particular the documentation
for the options that deal with obsolete terms?

Obsolete terms is not a trivial thing to deal with, and in the end you
need to make some decisions for yourself. load_ontology.pl offers
several choices but it's up to you what works best for you. There have
been prior threads on this; e.g. reading
http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2004-February/014846.html may
give you some additional information.

Note also that supplying --safe will make the script continue despite
errors from the database.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org