[Bioperl-l] Segmentation fault

stephan rosecker stephan.rosecker at ish.de
Sun Apr 11 15:02:26 EDT 2004

Hi list,

i'm new to perl und of course to bioperl and so this is my first post
here. So please forgive me if it's not allowed to post source code.
I've problems in some scripts on irix Release 6.5 and perl-5.6.0.
Perl and bioperl are on the same machine, but docked by nfs to the
machine where i work.

//////////////////////////////////////
#!/mnt/bin/perl
use lib "/mnt/perl/bioperl-1.4";
         use strict;
         use Bio::SearchIO;

         my $in = new Bio::SearchIO(-format => 'hmmer',-file   =>
'uniprot_sprot_hmmer.out');

while( my $result = $in->next_result )
         {
                 while( my $hit = $result->next_hit )
                         {
                         print $result->query_name."\n";
                         wait;
                         # $hit->DESTROY();
                         last;
                         }
         }
exit;
If i run this script i got after a while an "seqmentation fault".
With "$hit->DESTROY()" not.
So i'm wondering why.
Any suggests to solve this problem - also an "sleep 1" works.
Perhaps it's because the nfs or my script's fault.

greet's,
stephan