[Bioperl-l] Pairwise seq. comarison

Barry Moore barry.moore at genetics.utah.edu
Fri Apr 2 16:13:38 EST 2004

Bio::Align::PairwiseStatistics has a method "number_of_differences".  I
haven't used it, but I presume you'd use AlingIO to bring in you
alingment, and then just call the "number_of_differences" directly on
your Bio::Align::AlignI  object.  The docs look kind of vauge, so
hopefully someone else can flesh out this suggestions, but if your just
looking for where to start experimenting, that's one place to try.

Barry