[Bioperl-l] script installation

Cook, Malcolm MEC at Stowers-Institute.org
Mon Sep 29 13:48:09 EDT 2003

Fellow BioPerlers,

I just installed v 1.2.3 and can not find any mention of how scripts
are, or are not, installed.

Amy I missing something?

My best effort at finding a decision on what was going to be done found
this thread:

http://portal.open-bio.org/mailman/htdig/bioperl-l/2003-March/011573.htm

It begins as follows, but never seemed to resolve.  Any help
appreciated!

Thanks,

Malcolm

Excerpt from thread:

The README in scripts/utilities says:

This directory is for robust scripts which have documentation,
cmdline arguments, and can be used in a production environment.
Their extensions will be renamed .pl and will be installed in
the SCRIPT_INSTALL directory as defined in the Makefile.PL
configuration.

We should probably go ahead and implement this, or temporarily remove
this
README.

If you'd like to proceed with the former I can make sure that the script
installation is documented in the appropriate places, and I'll also go
ahead
and test all the scripts in scripts/ as best as I can, as promised. Your
thoughts?