[Bioperl-l] interfaces

Richard Adams Richard.Adams at ed.ac.uk
Thu Sep 18 10:12:47 EDT 2003

I was wondering if there was any aim or intent to make interface classes purely abstract?

 It seems that some interfaces (e.g., RangeI )contain extensive implementation and others

e.g., Bio::RichSeqI are indeed abstract. As far as I know it's deemed A Good Idea to have

interfaces abstract.

Some changes would just involve creating a base class implementing the interface, which I'd volunteer

to do, at least for the classes I use regularly.

Or is it too late to do this now without breaking everyone's code?

Richard

Dr Richard Adams
Bioinformatician,
Psychiatric Genetics Group,