[Bioperl-l] SOAP and bioperl

Al Park apark at dyax.com
Mon Sep 15 09:48:21 EDT 2003

Hello everyone,

I have encountered a problem using SOAP::Lite and bioperl and I was wondering if anyone knew of a solution.
My SOAP client calls a perl module which executes the run method in the Factory::EMBOSS module.  The error that the client generates is: Can't call method "run" on an undefined variable at xxx where the undefined variable is $app.

I use the following in my module being called by the SOAP client:

my $factory = Bio::Factory::EMBOSS -> new();
my $app = $factory->program($program);
$app->run({ '-sequencea' => $seq_to_test,
	      '-graph' => 'none',
	      '-outfile' => $outfile});

Anyone have a solution, tell me what I'm doing wrong, or can just point me in a direction?
Thanks in advance!

-Al Park