[Bioperl-l] 1.3.02 failed tests

Allen Day allenday at ucla.edu
Wed Oct 22 14:40:42 EDT 2003

> Allen, your recent change to require only 1 digit instead of 3 after
> the colon broke the parser. The change makes the regular expressions
> pick up EC numbers as secondary GO accessions. Did the test quoted
> below not fail on your machine?

i tested my changes on Ontology.t and OntologyEngine.t, i didn't see
simpleGOparser.t, and so didn't run it before i checked in.  it does fail
on my machine.

> I'm going to reverse that change. The MPATH ontology needs to be
> accommodated in a way that doesn't break the parser, possibly by having
> its own.

i keep loosening the regular expression to accommodate the different
DAG-Edit IDs i enounter.  how about i write a regular expression that is
as strict as possible but still matches everything that DAG-Edit allows?

> Also, I should urge you to add test cases for all the ontologies for
> which you found yourself having to adapt the parser. Otherwise the
> ability to parse those too may be abolished silently at any time by
> anyone changing the code.

sure.

-allen