[Bioperl-l] RE: [Pubmednew] Problem with esearch.fcgi

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 05:23:15 EDT 2003

Richard,

If you look carefully at the entry XM_055766 in the Entrez server, you
notice this:

COMMENT     MODEL REFSEQ:  This record is predicted by automated
            computational analysis. This record is derived from an
            annotated genomic sequence (NT_024812) using gene
            prediction method: BLAST, supported by mRNA and EST
            evidence.

It is not a GenBank entry although it looks like one and NCBI Entrez
claims it is one but in fact it is from the RefSeq database.

The XP_* entries can not be retrieved using Bio::DB::RefSeq, either,
because it fetches entries from EBI copy of the datebase which doeas not
contain all the latest sequence subclasses (only NC_*, NT_*, NM_*,
NP_*). I'll try to get that updated.

	-Heikki