[Bioperl-l] bp 1.2.3 ppm install fails

Scott Cain cain at cshl.edu
Mon Oct 6 16:06:40 EDT 2003

Hello all,

First, thanks to the kind soul who provided the 1.2.3 version of bioperl
as a ppm.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it installed due to a failed
dependency.  While using AS Perl 5.8, it seems that none of the
repositories know what 'libxml-perl' is, and since it is listed as a
prerequisite in the ppd file, installation cannot continue.  Is there
somewhere special to get that from?  At the moment, I am only searching
the ActiveState and bioperl repositories.

As a side note, it seems like a bad idea to force the installation of
every prereq module for bioperl.  In my case, I have no need of
libxml-perl, but can't install bioperl for a lack of it.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Cain, Ph. D.				 	 cain at cshl.org
GMOD Coordinator, http://www.gmod.org/			 (216)392-3087