[Bioperl-l] runnable SYNOPSIS

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Sat May 17 17:01:14 EDT 2003

On Saturday, May 17, 2003, at 12:07  PM, Heikki Lehvaslaiho wrote:

> The new rules for SYNOPSIS:
>
> 1. It should be possible to copy the whole SYNOPSIS and the perl
>    compiler should not complain about its syntax.
>
> 2. The only exception to the above rule is one line paragraph
>    linking to a Bio:: module with a relevant synopsis. E.g.:

I think these are great rules, but I know for sure I'm going to fall
short of them every so  often, as in the first pass I document the
methods and then seldom manage to free up time for the second pass.

I think this is another great chance for those people out there who are
learning the toolkit and would like to make a contribution that helps
lots of other people save time and frustration caused by those
developers who don't finish their job wrt documentation (like myself :|
).

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org