[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::Fasta

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Fri Jun 27 09:38:03 EDT 2003

Michael,

This comes directly from the module's documentation:

use Bio::DB::Fasta;

# Bio::SeqIO-style access
my $stream  = Bio::DB::Fasta->new('test.fa')->get_PrimarySeq_stream;

while ( my $seq = $stream->next_seq ) {
   print $seq->seq;
}

You also asked about "customizing" the indexing so you can use ids you have
in hand, which partially match the ids in the file. See the bptutorial
section on "Indexing or accessing..." or FAQ question 2.5.

Brian O.