[Bioperl-l] List archives now searchable; feedback needed

Chris Dagdigian dag at colo.bioteam.net
Mon Jul 28 13:28:27 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

We have been experimenting with various methods of making the website and
mailing lists searchable.

Effort #1 is a centralized htdig installation at:
http://search.open-bio.org

Effrt #2 involves integrating a 2nd custom htdig installation directly
into our mailman mailing list archives:

http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/

The list-integrated searches at http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/
are brand new as of a few hours ago. I'd appreciate it if people had the time to give the
search interfaces a whirl and let us know if this is worth keeping/updating. If bioperl people
like the list integration we'll expand the feature to all of our lists
over time.

Regards,
Chris

-- Chris Dagdigian, <dag at sonsorol.org>
BioTeam Inc. - Independent Bio-IT & Informatics consulting
Office: 617-666-6454, Mobile: 617-877-5498, Fax: 425-699-0193
PGP KeyID: 83D4310E Yahoo IM: craffi Web: http://bioteam.net